A Million Thanks

This week I finally had some creative time with some Wendy Vecchi products!  I used the Make Art Stay-tion for the first time- it's  a 12x12 magnetic surface that includes a magnetic ruler and 4 strong magnets to hold your work in place (perfect for stencils as you'll see here).  The bonus for me is that having it means I have a 12x12 works space, instead of my typical 8ish inches amidst my messy workspace!  LOL

I worked with the 'A Million Thanks' set, which includes stamps, dies and a stencil.  It's a pretty great little package!


I decided to see how the coordinating stencil worked, so used it with Distress Oxide Ink (just two shades) to color the large floral image in this set.  It's pretty neat!  

Here's a few pics of the steps using the stencil on the Make Art Stay-tion.  Before I started, everything was stamped with Versafine Clair in Nocturne.


I used Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Ink to color the flower through the stencil with an Ink Blending Tool (I prefer the new mini tool, though I have plenty of the old rectangular ones, so just use a mini ink blending foam on the larger base!


Each leaf has it's own stencil, and the one you see me using in this next photo even has two parts to include inking that teeny section of the leaf.  I've used Lucky Clover Distress Oxide for these.

I'm sure all of you are familiar with how to use the coordinating dies with stamps, but here's a pic showing how I use washi tape to hold everything in place.


This card layout was inspired by a sketch I saw on Instagram by Freshly Made Sketches.  It's a pretty great one that I'm sure I'll use again!  After trying a few different pieces of card stock for the rectangular panel, I dug through some 6x6 pads and found this black & white buffalo plaid paper which I think is PERFECT on this card!  The only other detail I added was some Nuvo Glitter Drops in Aquatic Mist to the berry sprigs.


I've got another card I created over on the SNS blog today- please pop over there to check it out!

The A Million Thanks stamp set also includes some sentiments that will be perfect inside of these cards.  I love when you get lots of variety in a single set!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments