Wise Men WOW

Happy Tuesday! Today's Card is a simple one with some WOW factor, featuring a bold Wise Men die cut over ink blending with copper accents.

I don't know about you, but I tend to be drawn to certain themes in decor & stamps at Christmas time. One of my favorites is anything with the 3 Wise Men on it. There's something so beautiful about that part of the Christmas Story. I will never tire hearing about the journey they took. To me, the Wise Men really symbolize a big part of the wonder of the season! Of course, the Wise Men dies by Tim Holtz were a must have for me! I die cut them simply in black, leaving room at the bottom (the edge is open) for a sentiment I've had for years.

Next, I embossed the sentiment with Wow Copper Embossing Powder. I also inked up the star and embossed it in the same copper EP. It gave a nice bit of texture and was easy to do with a pair of tweezers to hold on to it!



I started with a pale blue panel of cardstock, so only used two colors of ink to blend my night sky.  Wilted Violet Distress Oxide is my darkest color, which blends down into Peacock Feathers. I splattered over the panel with some Copper/Bronze Distress Spray Stain for a twist on the typical starry sky.

Like I said, the card itself is really simple! The pairing of the color combination with the bold silhouette of the wise men & the copper accents really does add some WOW. I hope you like it!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments

Oh girl you nailed that sky...simply gorgeous! I am with you on the Wisemen die...a must have for me too! LOVE your card. Hope you feeling better and hope you have an awesome Christmas full of joy!