Strong, Pretty Poppies

Hey there! Today I'm sharing another card with you that uses some of the same products I featured on my card last Friday in our Scrap N Stamp Poignant Poppies Blog Hop. I chose to make more of clean & simple card (inspired by the current AAA Challenge to make a card with maxi white space and an optional geometric element). Here's what I came up with:



I stamped the poppy images in black permanent ink & did some quick water coloring with a few shades of red Distress Ink. While the images dried, I selected a shade of red card stock to be my card base. Next I embossed a simple sentiment from the stamp set in white on a scrap of black card stock. I had a general idea of my card layout, so added some geometric stenciling (using a Life Changing Blender Brush) to the background in a rough L shape.



I did some loose fussy cutting (ie. not so "fussy" LOL) of the poppy images and played around with the arrangement until I was happy with it. Once I settled on that, I trimmed the sentiment strip and added a bit of red twine. I added partial dimension to the poppies by adhering part of them with a flat adhesive and part of them with foam squares. This allowed me to tuck the flat parts under other layers and give a bit more movement to the card. Lastly, I finished it off with Distress Stickles in the flower's centers, a bit of gold tone bling and some dots of white Enamel Accents.

I'm loving challenges to do CAS cards these days as they allow me to focus on my card design and take some of the pressure off to create something over-the-top amazing! I hope you like what I came up with :)  Be sure to pop over and check out the rest of the cards at AAA Challenges too!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments

Jane said…
Gorgeous card and I love the inclusion of the geometric stencilling in the background. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, really hope you'll come back and join in with future challenges too.
Nancy said…
I really like the hint of the geometric element.... Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards, Tara!
ÅsaJ said…
Such a pretty card! Love the hint of the triangles! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa