Capture Life in COLOR

Today I’m sharing another simple card that uses the ‘Hello Sunshine’ Turnabout, along with the same four colors of Distress Oxide Ink that I used on my card for the Turnabout Blog Hop at the beginning of the month: Fossilized AmberSpiced MarmaladeSqueezed Lemonade & Wild Honey, along with a spritz of Distress Oxide Spray in Spiced Marmalade, but this time I stamped it on a kraft card base. The effect of the yellow & orange inks on kraft is a lot more subtle, but I had something different in mind for this one… I pictured the burst design as the flash from this adorable little camera image by Picket Fence Studios!

I fell in love with this “Capture Life in Color” stamp when I saw it, though I didn’t really know what I would do with it… except to make it colorful! I love pairing bright colors with kraft so I decided to give it a go. I stamped the image twice, once on white cardstock and once directly on the kraft base. I knew I would be fussy cutting the image, but thought the words would look best as part of the base rather than having a white outline around them. 
After that, I did some very simple coloring with watercolor pencils (these ones by Nuvo have a nice mix of bright colors!), fussy cut my image and adhered it with 3D Foam Squares before adding some touches of glitter with Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold & Aquatic Mist. (always apply the wet stuff last! LOL). Once it sat for a bit, I decided to add some tiny pieces of washi tape and some heart bling to balance everything and add that extra touch of texture…


This card is super simple, but I think the colors and the message really POP! Hope it makes you smile, it’s a fun use for this Turnabout stamp design.
Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments