Good Cluck!

Today I wanted to share a fun card I made for a blog hop we have happening (well, starting) over at the Scrap N Stamp blog right now.  All the details on the hop and links to the rest of the team are there, but I thought I'd share my card and let you visit SNS if you want to check out all the other great cards :)

I was excited to play with the new Funny Farm set from Tim Holtz, together with Media Marks.


I created a background with Distress Oxide Inks in Twisted CitronLucky Clover & Peacock Feathers and set that aside to dry.  I stamped the 'good cluck' chicken on a white die cut circle and colored it with Watercolor Pencils & a bit of Distress Oxide that was leftover on my work surface from the background.

 I had a variety of circles pre-cut, and played around with a layout for my card, finally deciding to scatter some smaller circles which I would stamp with the eggs from the chicken stamp and some of the markings in the same colors as my background.  I die cut the word 'cluck' from white cardstock (this is a Tim Holtz strip die called Chip Block) and inked up the word 'good' from the sentiment on Dina's new flower set.  I decided that glitter would be a nice finishing touch and added a variety of Nuvo Drops to my word and the eggs in my images.



Greens and blues are faves of mine... so I decided to do sort of an ombré glitter :)



And that’s about it!  There’s some great images and puns in this stamp set and I look forward to sharing more cards with you featuring them in coming weeks!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments