Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies

Happy Tuesday!
I woke up this morning to find snow on the ground again... so I'm sharing with you a winter card which includes a hint of spring (or summer) that many of us are dreaming of!
Yep, Snowflakes & Butterflies!  I love this saying and when I pulled this stamp from one of my storage folders (I love the Stuftainers by Stampendous for my cling stamps) a card concept started forming for me... I wanted a wintery colored card with this design, a snowflake background and these awesome layered "Beautiful Butterflies" stamp & die sets by My Favorite Things.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who makes the sentiment (it's a problem with cling stamps!  I usually try to organize them by brand, but this was in a misc. Christmas/winter folder).  If it looks familiar to you, please let me know and I'll update!
My card is very simple- a gorgeous embossed background on pearl white card stock with the sentiment stamped in grey archival ink on a dusty green card stock.  The butterflies were stamped primarily with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink & Distress Oxide- it was fun to see how the two variations of the same color played together.  The larger butterfly has a layer of Broken China Distress Oxide to add a bit of pop.  The final detail layer was stamped in the same grey as my sentiment, then a bit of glitter finishes them off.  I added Nuvo Glitter Drops (in Blizzard, of course!) to the butterfly bodies and a few spots on the snowy background as well.  A touch of Rock Candy Distress Stickles adds that extra touch of shine.
It's nice to know I can use my butterflies year round... even though I'm done with winter, I don't mind looking at them on this wintery card :)
Thanks for visiting (and reading to the end)!  

I'm excited to announce that I'll be back on Saturday with a fun BLOG HOP for you!  Hope you'll plan to join me starting on the Scrap n' Stamp blog on Saturday!

Have a creative day!
Inky hugs,
Tara

Materials Used:
My Favorite Things Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set & Dies
Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio & Broken China
Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio
Archival Ink (mine was from the Archival Distress Color Mixed Media Palette)
Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard
Cardstock & Adhesive

Comments