Silver Stocking

I was challenged to make a project with this whimsical stocking die and I decided to make a tag, which would be fabulous hanging on a gift bag or bottle of wine as a gift, or it may end up the focal point of a card later on!  I die cut the gorgeous stocking die twice, once out of kraft and once out of the silver glitter cardstock.  I taped up the back of the glitter die cut to keep all those detailed pieces from going anywhere, then layered the kraft die cut over it.  I love the contrast of the neutral kraft over that glittery base!

I inked up a manila tag with a variety of green & blue Distress Oxide Inks, then added a bit more shading a stamped sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.  A few brown toned sequins worked well to mix with both the kraft & the glitter elements.

 I pulled some pre-inked pieces of crinkle ribbon from my stash that coordinated nicely with my tag and added a little piece of Christmas idea-ology by Tim Holtz to finish it off!  All in all, it’s a pretty simple project, but something as detailed as this stocking die doesn’t need much to look complete! 

Sending you inky hugs... with a touch of glitter for holiday cheer!
Tara

Supplies I’ve used:
In the Making Retro Merry Christmas stamp (love that the words are separate so I can rearrange them!)
Distress Oxide Inks (a variety from set 1)
Crinkle Ribbon (inked with assorted Distress Inks)
Christmas charm by Tim Holtz idea-ology

Comments