So Very Thankful... Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Some of my favorite things are autumn/fall and coffee... so I love trying to get a project together to share on the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, which is happening right now (until Friday)!  This is a huge blog hop where anyone can link up their projects to share with other coffee loving, card making enthusiasts!  It features hundreds of entries and lots of prizes, too!

With any luck, I'll get another card finished for the hop this week too... but for now, here's a simple card featuring coffee colors, an adorable wooden coffee embellishment, a hint of shimmer and lots of thankfulness (from this fabulous lace leaf stamp set by Concord & 9th).  The coffee spill effect on my central point was created with the splatter/shadow type leaf shape from the set, inked with two colors of Distress Ink and misted with water.  It's kinda a funky shape thats fun to use behind the sentiment instead of behind the lace leaf that it was designed for!

I used a shimmery silver embossing powder over brown ink and it ended up somewhat translucent
on the text and the little heart on the coffee cup.  I decided to play up that shimmer and use silver glitter paper, bling and some brown crinkle ribbon to complete the card.


For a neutral colored card, there's actually quite a bit of shimmer going on!



The background of my card was simply stamped, repeating the sentiment in a staggered fashion in two different shades of brown Distress Oxide Ink.  I added a few hearts to fill in open spaces and then inked over it all, going darker from the edges in, with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Just a few of my favorite things on a simple card... hope you like it!

Inky hugs,
Tara

Comments

~amy~ said…
How wonderful...love the coffee spill and all your pretty details.
Shanna Slater said…
Fantastic card!! Love all the fun inky elements :)

Thanks for sharing!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com
Tara:
I love the dirty look to this, and the seam binding matches perfectly!
Fabulous card.
Blessings,
Karen L
I have a giveaway on my blog for the Coffee Hop!
https://karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com/2017/09/coffee-makes-everything-better-giveaway.html
New Creations said…
Just fabulous with dirt look and all wonderful details!
Becca Yahrling said…
Love all the yummy textures.
Lori Turner said…
This is so pretty! Love all the inky goodness!!!
Billie A said…
Very pretty card and love the embossing.
Lisa said…
I've been looking at that leaf stamp and LOVE how you used the splatter part... makes it even more useful!
Great card and a wonderful sentiment. Autumn cards are among my favorites too.
Sylvia said…
Tara, Love the colors you chose for this card. Sylvia D.
Hetty said…
Beautiful card, looks very much coffee!