Simple Summer Card Set

So I was browsing on Pinterest a bit ago, as I often do when I'm looking for inspiration, and I came across a pin of my card set that had been featured on the Ranger blog.  I was pretty surprised to see the number of times it has been pinned... 3.3k!!! yikes- I'm totally flattered, but kinda bummed too since the tutorial is no longer up on Ranger's website for some reason.  So, I'm sharing it with you again here today- perhaps if you see it with a link to Ranger on Pinterest sometime, you'll share this new link!


I used a simple torn paper masking technique to create stripes of blended color.  You can see from the card samples some colors that pair together nicely, I like using yellow as combines with so many colors beautifully!

 To start, pre-cut a white layer of cardstock and tape torn copy paper over it onto your craft sheet, leaving a space for your ink to be applied.

Using an ink applicator tool, start with your lightest colors and layer them over the torn paper.

Continue layering and blending more shades of Distress Ink until you are happy with the shades.

Ink up a background stamp with one of the lightest colors you used and stamp it over your inked background.

Lift the torn copy paper to reveal your finished background!  Oooh, aaah... isn't it pretty?

Stamp a foliage or tree type image over your background in Black Archival Ink.  Use coordinating colors of Distress Markers to create a 3D embellishment with a butterfly stamp to add a bit of texture to your simple card.



Layer the piece of white cardstock onto a black card base and your card is complete!   Repeat and create in a variety of colors and with assorted sentiments for a nice gift... or leave the sentiment off and add them as you need them :)

Please, help me share the new link to this tutorial as you see dead links posted other places online!  Hope you have some inky fun today!

Comments

Nancy said…
Simply gorgeous Tara and thanks for posting the directions!
Unknown said…
thank you Tara. Simple but very pretty.
Unknown said…
I just have to say, this inspired the very first Thank you card I ever made...and is still my go design when I'm needing a little inspiration. LOVE IT!!
Margaret said…
Thank you so much for reposting your tutorial!
Unknown said…
This is beautiful!! I adore this wildflower stamp, do you know the name of it? x
Brenda said…
I love this. I am always looking for new ideas. Is there any way I can get the directions without all of the pictures. I like to print out my directions and work from there without having to have the laptop on. It's distracting when I'm trying to create.
Karen L K said…
What a great look and very nice cards!
Unknown said…
Thank you for saving these instructions! Love it!
Unknown said…
Thank you for saving these instructions! Love this card!
Unknown said…
Great piece! Choosing other colors for fall, winter & spring. Such an easy way to send tiny pieces of art work to dear friends, allowing change by the season! CLEAVER!