Bring on 2015!

 2015... bring it on!

Things have been pretty quiet creatively for me, especially for the last few months of 2014!  I recently did a little bit of shopping at Betty's with some Christmas cash and I picked up some creative fuel (40% off!) for the new year.  I didn't get any Christmas cards made this year, but I have a few cards I need to send in the new year, so I think some may be New Year cards :)  This one features a few of the new supplies I purchased- a fun stencil and more Distress Stain Sprays.

 I made this card over the past couple of days, determined to play along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge- tic-tac-toe (I used bow-stencil-die or punch) and I'm squeaking it in before tonight's deadline! 
I'm in love with how the numbers came together!  They were die cut with a Tim Holtz alpha/number die, painted with bundled sage distress paint (also one of my new stain spray colors, used on the background) then I dropped some antique bronze spray stain onto it and spread it around with my heat tool.  Once it was nicely marbled-ish, I topped them with Crackle Accents and left them overnight to dry (which had me squeezing in some card making before work in the morning to finish things up!  Yay!).  They turned out pretty cool I think!
Recognize this retro stamp set?  I thought it worked well for NYE, and squeezed a couple of the stamps onto my card... it's on OLD set from PSX, do you remember them?  oldies but goodies :)

All in all, it's a pretty simple card, but it's the last one I made in 2014 and it's inspiring me to get in a whole lot more creative time in 2015!  One of my few resolutions is to make that a priority, especially now that I'm working again.  Along with that should come some more blogging too... so I hope to see you back here soon!  Wishing you all the best as you ring in the new year.  Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Lynn K said…
LOVE this New Year's card!!! The crackle on the 2015 came out great!!! Happy New Year!!!
Awesome job! Hopped over here from the MMMC blog after seeing your pic. I was thinking of purchasing the sprays and now I am convinced. Happy New Years!