A Closer Look at Mixed Media Serendipity Notebook & Cards

On Saturday I had the fun of teaching my Mixed Media Serendipity Notebook & Card Class at Betty's :) My mom, dad & sister are here visiting from BC and Mom joined in the fun at the class! The group had a great time with paint and ink and texture and shine... and turned out some beautiful projects!  I'll be scheduling this one again sometime, so if you missed it be sure to let either me or the girls at Betty's know & we'll make sure you can make it next time!
Here's a closer look at the three cards I made using the 'serendipity' pieces of our cardstock and the adorable Scribbly bird stamps by Dina Wakeley:
 


I also demonstrated an alternate color scheme with shades of red, here's how they came out:
 a little close up of the texture and shine on the notebook:

Here's the cards my mom made in class:
 and here's what happened when I was attempting to photograph them... LOL  Needless to say, I didn't get close ups of the cards, since it was officially play time according to my kitten!
I wanted to get these pictures posted sooner so the ladies who were at the class could get a closer look to finish up their cards, but we've been busy with family time and Thanksgiving celebrations here :)  It's been so fabulous having them here with me, I'm sure going to miss them when they leave this week... but hopefully it won't be too terribly long before I can head north to visit them as well!

Comments

Lynn K said…
Beautiful cards Tara! Love both color schemes and the birdies are adorable!
These are precious!!! LOVE the colorful DW birds! Great cat photo too!
Teena said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teena said…
Maybe I can spell this right this time. LOL!

I hate I missed this class but I was at a picnic.

Please let me know if you teach it again!

LOVE those birds!!! :)