Oh Canada {CC3C #5}

Between the June tag by Tim and this Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, I've been doing a fair bit of Distress Coloring lately!  I've had some sort of project with this maple leaf blue print stamp in my mind for a while, but it's been fun to add the texture of canvas to it & make a "real" Canadian flag with it :)
Tomorrow is Canada Day, and I'm definitely missing Canada right now!  I would love to be spending the day with my Canadian family and friends, but I'm sure I'll squeeze in a visit or two via facetime (hint hint)!

My tag is pretty simple, but so is our flag!  I stamped the maple leaf blueprint by Tim Holtz on watercolor paper and colored it with a mix of barn door and festive berries distress markers, with a bit of pumice stone for shading. (Check the CC3 book for details on how to do that!) The splotches were added simply by picking up leftover colors from my craft sheet :)  I added Crackle Accents (another discontinued product from Ranger!) over the leaf for some added texture.  The flag itself is a canvas tag my mom cut out for me- inked up by applying the same two shades of red directly from the Distress Ink pad to the tag and then to my craft sheet, drying and dabbing in the puddles of colour to get a fun mix.  Once everything was dry, I both glued and stapled it onto a skewer which I cut to length using my Tim Holtz scissors. 
I almost forgot I had this awesome alpha set from Tim, I love it!  Looks great stamped in red with a bit of Distress Stickles to finish it off :)  The label sentiment is another fabulous Tim Holtz stamp set... so many great sayings to choose from, but this fit my mood at the moment!  I used the new Fude Ball Black pen Dina Wakley recommends to write 'oh'.... and I can totally see why she loves it!  So smooth and creamy :)
 So, to all my Canadian friends out there, or to any of you who love a Canadian... Happy Canada Day!  I hope it's spent enjoying our beautiful country and includes time together with Family & Friends :)

And for you cat lovers out there... here's another pic of our pesky/adorable kitten Abbey helping me photograph my tag... sigh.

Comments

Caroline D. said…
You are so clever! What a fun and beautiful tag! Hope you have a happy Canada Day, but an even more FUN 4th here in the USA since you just got your Green Card!! Enjoy!!
Unknown said…
Love this tag!
Happy Canada Day! (for tomorrow)
Charmaine Stack said…
Fun tag! You get to celebrate Canada Day and Independence Day now. :-) I have not heard of that Pen but it looks great!
HOW fun is this! Happy Canada Day! That maple leaf is so perfect for this and great watercoloring! Thanks so much for joining us on this painty challenge here at CC3Challenge!!
jperr said…
Happy Canada to you,love your updates.
Blessings Jocelan
Lynn K said…
Such a fun tag Tara! Love the techniques and the color is great!! Happy Canada Day!
Candy C said…
Your Canadian Day tag is so cute! This is a very imaginative use of Tim's maple leaf blue print stamp! Love the traditional Canadian colors on this! Nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy
Fabulous Canadian Tag! Love it and the flag is so clever!!!