Our wedding invitation

I've been holding out for a while, but today I am excited to finally share with you photos of our wedding invitation!  I have to start this out by saying a big thank you to my family and friends who helped put these beauties together- we spent quite a few hours, but I was so pleased to see my design come to life and it really did turn out just as fabulous as I hoped it would!

My design is a folder style card with a belly band.  I used Kraft Core cardstock by Tim Holtz/Coredinations, an on the edge die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, patterned paper by Basic Grey and a stamp by Impression Obsession.  I hadn't completely settled on the exact colors for the wedding, but I knew there would be shades of coral and teal and an underlying travel/adventure theme for our decor.  Simple black ink was perfect with the text print in my patterned paper and some brown Distress Ink finishes everything off :)

I worked out my measurements for this card so it was as cost effective as I could make it... two cards from a 12x12 piece of card stock, these fit perfectly in kraft colored A2 envelopes.

It opened up to reveal the colored side of the cardstock, a pocket on the right side holds our RSVP card and a save the date tag with an engagement photo.  I saved myself a ton of time by paying someone else to do the part I would have spent way too many hours nit-picking over... the graphic design!   I found a seller on etsy who had a pre-designed invitation, I just sent her my colors and details and she sent me a digital file. (I wanted to include a link, but it looks like she's closed her account!  I highly recommend you search for diy invitations on etsy though- it was totally worth the time and money saved!)  I had these professionally printed on kraft cardstock- a big bonus was that I had won a free printing job from Jukebox, but this would have been great printed at home as well.

My pocket was cut with the same edge as the foldover flap (it's also made from the scrap piece from cutting my paper to size!) and hearts were cut from the same paper as the belly band.

Here's all the pieces together!  Our tag features a custom stamp I had made and a small engagement photo (sized 2x3 inches).  A simple bow of bakers twine and magnet on the back finishes it off.
I hope you like them!  I'm still so pleased with how these turned out, I've gotta say I'm pretty lucky that after years of card making I was able to come up with a vision and have it turn out exactly the way I wanted it on the first try :)  I've helped a lot of people design their invitations over the years, but I'm not afraid to agree with so many of the people who received an invitation and told me that this is the coolest invitation they've ever seen!  LOL  I love that it is fabulously simple in design and that it really reflects my personal style and our special day!

Thanks for visiting!  I'll be back soon with some photos of wedding details!

Comments

Karon said…
This is absolutely stunning! Love all the stamping and the way it folds. How fabulous and so exciting. TFS