12 Tags of 2012: July

What I love about Tim Holtz's July tag is that the technique is quick, fun, easy and super versatile! Who woulda thunk that Tim's patriotic tag would inspire me to create these three pieces...

We had a blast creating with Alcohol Ink in the store today!  We started off with a busy Tag Technique Class (8 awesome techniques!) then came back to make our July Tag after lunch.

First up is a tag I actually made last week, when a couple friends who weren't able to make it today stopped by to play:  
I ended up paper piecing the hot air balloon with some Basic Grey paper (Whats Up) and added a charm which I painted with Vintaj Patinas for a burst of colour.

Today I finished up this tag, which got it's start last week as well... still loving my Wild West SOTM set :)
I finished it off with a brass dog tag, which I added alcohol ink to and then stamped with Staz On.

Lastly is a card (I thought 2 tags was enough for now!)- I had fun pulling out some stamps that are old favourites, these ones from A Stamp In the Hand.
Have I mentioned yet how much I love that Tim's 12 Tags are a monthly thing this year? It's so much more fun to have time play along! And did you see? I'm one of the lucky winners for my June tag! So exciting!
Are you playing along with the 12 Tags?  Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to stop by and visit your blog, too!

Comments

Cindy said…
Those are really cool. Your blog is cool. Newest Follower.
...awesome makes! all so different & all so gorgeous, really loVe the wild west theme, the colours are yummy...Mel :)
Unknown said…
Very nice love the different effects you made using the same technique.
Sue said…
The 'wild west' tag is lovely & very different. Love the colour scheme. Sx