Christmas Deer Tag

I'm back with my third of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas (3 more to go to reach my goal!), my version of Tag #2 by Tim Holtz!  I made just a few minor changes in this one, again Tim's layout was fabulous and I had most of the supplies already... I really love how this turned out and may have to make it into a card or canvas as well... very simple overall, but lots of fun details.  Enjoy!

... and here's some close ups for ya! First, here's the charms I hung from the ribbon- the key is actually chipboard that I finger painted with Inka Gold by Viva Decor- LOVE how it covers and gives such an awesome shine.  The decorative edge at the bottom of the tag was painted the same way.


... and the embellishment I've been waiting for finally arrived so I could finish up today... the mini pine garland for my wreath- yay!  I think I'll be using it on a lot (okay, maybe just a few LOL) of cards this year!  Check out the star I hung around it's neck, too... it's one of the Vintaj charms that we've embossed & sanded- such a fun textural element, and it works in the Big Shot or Vagabond (or the Vintaj machine, if you're like me and you loved the look of it more than the Big Shot!).
Hope you like it!  Now that I have three completely finished tags, I'm ready to get them displayed... I'll post a photo of the finished project when it's done!

And in other news...
TODAY in the store is our Hero Arts 2012 Catalog Preview Party- we've got some wonderful new cling stamps in the store, as well as new Stamp & Die Cut and Stamp & Emboss sets with Sizzix!  Until Saturday December 23 you can save 10% on the new products!  PLUS we've got a card using one of the new Stamp & Emboss sets for Coffee & a Card today from 11am-5pm!  Hope you'll stop by and see all the goodies!

Comments

Gorgeous! I love making this one too! Can I just say Tag 9 us A LOT of fun to make!!! Oh Oh and tag 12 with the tissue! Love your tags! I'd love if we lived closer to make these together! They are so fun!
Nancy said…
This is beautiful Tara :)