September 2011 Stamp of the Month

I'm very excited to introduce to you to our fabulous Stamp of the Month for September, which is actually a combo pack of stamp set and 6x6 paper pad from BoBunny's Forever Fall Collection... it just makes me happy looking at it and I hope it does the same for you!
Tanya practically begged to help me with this month's samples, so of course I was happy to oblige her :) Here's what Tanya & I created with the stamp & paper combo:

Here's a closer look at the cards. First up, I used the sunflower stamp from the set and stamped it three times on Copic Xpressit Blending Cardstock in Brown Memento Ink. I coloured two of them with Copics then spritzed them with 'sunflower' Perfect Pearls Mist- it's so pretty and shimmery in real life! I snipped the petals apart and shaped the flowers for extra texture, then layered one on top of the other and put the two of them on a flat sunflower which I'd coloured up with Distress Ink. The center of my sunflower is tiny beads coloured with Distress Stains. The rest of the card is very simple- patterned paper, a stamped sentiment (Hero Arts) and some green ribbon.
Here's a close up of the flower
Here's my second card, featuring the leaves & dragonfly stamps. Even though we've got a pad full of gorgeous patterned papers, I wanted to design my own background image using these stamps. I started by stamping leaves in Versamark on glossy white cardstock and blending Distress Ink over it, then I layered some images stamped with the same inks on top of that for extra texture. (You can watch for this technique and more in an upcoming class featuring Distress Inks!) I have matched it with some of the more 'solid' papers in the 6x6 pad for layering.
I also wanted to use some Glitter Ritz that came into the store, so I decided to make a border piece with it- this is from one of the Limited Edition sets called "Aztec" and the colours are perfect with this paper collection! Love it! The die cuts on this card (label and branch shapes) are from the Wildflower Gift Set by Lifestyle Crafts- so nice to take these shapes into autumn!
Here's a close up of the glitter and the stamped background- I cut the branch image from adhesive chipboard and applied glitter to a piece after adhering it directly to my card.
Here's the cards that Tanya created- I'll just share them with you here, but you can visit her blog to get some more details and leave some love with her :) This first card features the dragonfly stamps:
And this final card features the leaves & sunflower (isn't it fab as a 'background' type image?):
And that, my friends, is our September SOTM! As always, it's 35% off for SOTM members- and since we don't have much for BoBunny stamps to offer you at 15% off if you pick up your stamp by the 15th... you can save 15% on Hero Arts stamps instead :)

We always welcome new members to join our SOTM program, it's a great way to add a versatile selection of stamps to your collection! Feel free to ask us about it next time you're in the store!

Comments