June 2011 SOTM

It's a new month and we've got a great new Stamp of the Month here at Creative Accents! We're featuring a background stamp this month, one from the new collection of "Cling Pops" by Hero Arts! This cling mounted background stamp covers a full A2 sized card front (4.25x5.5") and features large dots of text, two of which POP out to be used separately- such a cool concept!

Our cards this month feature a paper collection by Fancy Pants called, "It's the Little Things"- hope you enjoy! (Because we LOVE our followers and the comments they leave... we'll be randomly selecting one person who leaves a comment on this post mentioning one 'little thing' about these cards that they love... to get a free stamp from Hero Arts!)


This month Sarah agreed to stamp along with me, and she's made two great cards with this background image. I'll be watching Sarah's blog in the coming weeks to see how/when she uses this stamp on a scrapbook page!

Here's a close up of Sarah's cards, you can read all about how she made them on her blog!

This first card features the SOTM on the background and as the focal point, with punched circles that are shiny with Glossy Accents:
Sarah's second card has the SOTM in the background with a cute pocket full of paper hearts as the focal point- love it!
Next up are the cards I made with our SOTM!

I stamped the SOTM onto patterned paper and tore the edge for my background layer, then stamped a popped out text circle onto the same patterned paper and punched it & layered it on black cardstock to be part of the cluster of images that is my focal point. The typewriter & sentiment stamps are also from Hero Arts, the kraft die cut shape is from Maya Road and my brads are by Basic Grey.
Here's a little close up of the typewriter, text circle & brads- I used glossy accents on the typewriter buttons for extra dimension.
For my final card, I stamped a row off the SOTM onto cardstock I had cut with a scallop edge (I was thrilled to find one that was a perfect fit! This one is from Lifestyle Crafts. I since my piece is larger than the stamp width, I used one of the individual 'pop out' stamps to complete my scallop row. I then cut pieces with the same edge using a variety of papers from my 6x6 paper pad, and crumpled them up for extra texture before adhering them together. The yummy flower on my card was cut from some of the new flower dies in the Wildflower Spring Gift Set from Lifestyle Crafts- I love it! We cut layers from paper and from foam packing material, which adds a funky texture. I finished it off with a brad from Basic Grey, silk ribbon and a sentiment stamp by CHF from my stash.
Here's a close up of those scalloped ruffles, you can also get a good look here at the mist of Perfect Pearls I sprayed over the entire card!
Hope you enjoyed our cards & are inspired to create something with this new SOTM yourself!

Our Stamp of the Month is always 35% off to SOTM members, plus they'll save 20% on all Hero Arts Stamps they purchase that day if they pick up their stamp by the 15th of the month!

Comments

Fitness Divas said…
SIMPLELY AMAZING!
Wow well done ladies. Really like all four cards. Has got me thinking about what could be done with this one. Take Care
Sarah said…
I didn't really get to see your cards up close, but I LOVE the idea of stamping that stamp on a scallop border! I'll definitely be scraplifting that idea for a future layout!
Roxy said…
Oooooh, I looooove background stamps, and this one is GOR-JEE-USS!!! I love all of the cards, but I think the typewriter one is my fave - I just really like all of the layers, distressing, the sentiment, the glossy keys, etc. etc. etc. Nice work, ladies!
Graphicat said…
Just ONE little thing....how to pick just ONE! Geesh! I LOVE the peice of paper you have coming out of the typewriter....hows that?!?!
These are AWESOME ladies! just devinely awesome!
Great job!
Cheri
Mrs T. said…
I got an up close look at these today. They are awesome.
To Sarah - a non card maker? WAY TO GO! I also can't wait to see what she does on a scrap book page.
mootseeka said…
wow what talent beautiful stamp set love it love it love it.
Eulanda said…
Oh wow Tara you guys rocked these images!! Just gorgeous!!
Dee said…
amazing cards. love the scalloped ruffle, so pretty.
Pepper Girl said…
I love these cards! So much so that I must have this stamp!!! The Glossy Accents on the pop outs...scalloped ruffle. Great job ladies!
TC said…
It's really hard to pick just one thing. I love the scallop ruffle. In fact I'm going to scraplift the idea. I also love the exploding hearts out of the envelope. it's really cute. Thank you for the ideas. Wonderful work.
joy said…
Hi! I saw your beautiful card on the Hero Flikr group and came over to see what you used for the scallops - that is my favorite thing about these fabulous cards! Just love the layers created with the scallops and the papers!