Sweet Threads Cards

Every month after we complete the layout for the Basic Grey Page of the Month class, students are given the opportunity to create a card or two with their scraps and leftover supplies. I think I broke a record this month, though... by Wednesday's class I had 3 card samples and as of today I have 7! I'll share the first three with you today and be back later with images of 3 more (1 is just kinda eh, so it won't be blogged). All materials are Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" collection, unless otherwise noted.

I try to keep the cards quick & simple, but occasionally introduce a fold that might be new to people... this month, we did a gate fold card:
The embellished belly band & tag were from the sticker sheet. The 'smile' sentiment is by Stampendous. I finished it off with a few dots of Liquid Pearls, by Ranger.

For this card I just arranged strips of paper on my card and trimmed them with a v shape to make a fun banner style card. I added bits of a few border stickers and alpha stickers as well to finish it off. More perfect pearls are here, as well :)

This one is super simple- just a piece of this patchwork style paper and a border sticker. I added flowers & leaves from my flower stash (which I just organized today into big jars-yay!) and another word with the alpha stickers (love the font they used this month!). Here's a close up of my flowers, and the pearl pin I added.

And that's it! Three quick cards using leftover bits from the Page of the Month kit! LOVE this paper collection, it's so fun & colourful!

Comments

Graphicat said…
Love the pretty colours in these! You're so good at these quick cards (altho....I know they're not always "quick" LOL) Awesome job!
Cheers
Cheri
Tanya S said…
I agree ,this paper line is so much fun!!Great job blastin' out that many cards!!Gotta love the quick ones!