Blue Bird

Happy Tuesday! I adore four day weekends... they let me feel like I'm completely bypassing those icky Monday blues ;) I hope you had a beautiful Easter weekend and saw some sunshine, like we did here!

Here's a simple card we created at a recent Die Cut Club Party, featuring dies by Tim Holtz/Sizzix. It was a tricky one to photograph, but I love the soft, airy feel of it... looks like spring!

This card was inspired by one I saw in a magazine recently... I think it was an ad in the latest issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today. I loved their use of a hanging birdcage and figured I could do the same with the new Movers & Shapers dies that had just arrived!
Here's a close up of our birdcage and bird- both cut from Grunge paper. The cage has been hung from a thread (attached with Tissue Tape on the top and bottom inside the card) and painted with silver paint. The bird was inked with Distress Ink and has some Distress stickles spread on it for sparkle. Both the rose and lace are sold in the store, the patterned paper is by American Crafts.
This was a fairly simple card, but it looks so pretty sitting open on a shelf! Hope it helps you to beckon the sun ;)

p.s. If you're a member of our Die Cut Club, Sizzix dies, like the ones by Tim Holtz we've used here, are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off until the end of April! It's a great time to join our Die Cut Club! Stop by the store for full details soon :)

Comments