April Stamp of the Month!

It's been a long time since we had a new shipment of stamps in the store from Stampabilities, so it's great fun to have a new assortment of House Mouse, Happy Hoppers & Gruffies in stock again! This month Cheri and I had the fun of playing with "Will Knit for Friends" which makes me smile every time I look at it! I hope it'll do the same for you- here's our sample board:
When I selected this image, I was looking for an Easter image that wasn't limited to just Easter... what do ya think? Did I succeed? I love that this image can also be used for baby cards and as an all purpose card for friends. These little chicks in their sweaters look to me like they'd be comfortable here in the chilly Cariboo, as well ;) As you can see, Cheri and I both used papers from Basic Grey's "Hello Luscious" collection for all of our samples. It has such cheery colours and patterns!

This first card is actually the last one to get finished. I decided to ink up just the chick image and stamp him alone on an egg shape. I'm not sure how well it shows up, but after die cutting all the egg shapes I brushed some clear 'Rock Candy' Crackle Paint over them for a fun, but subtle texture. They're layered on grunge paper for a bit of extra stability. The sentiment I used is from Whipper Snapper :)
These next two fantastic cards were created by Cheri- you'll see them soon, along with a few more details on her blog. This stamp is perfectly suited to larger cards, like Cheri tends to create. I love how cutting them out in different shapes can completely change the look of your card!
The soft colours on this next card are so perfect for a baby card, don't you think? Love it!
... and lastly, here's another card I created that I thought would also be great for a baby card. For this card I did not ink the single chick so I could trim my image to a square. My scalloped border is from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die and the stick pins are such a fun embellishment that we just got a big shipment of recently. I left these white, but they'd be easy to colour with Copics or Alcohol Ink! The sentiment on this card is a sticker by Crate Paper.
... and that's our April Stamp of the Month! We hope you like it and are inspired by our cards. The SOTM is always available to members at 35% off the regular price. Occasionally there are extras available for others to purchase, but unfortunately there aren't any to spare this month! Ask us for details how you can sign up next time you're in the store!

We'd always love your comments and would LOVE to know what you think. Is there a fave House Mouse stamp in your collection? I think my personal fave is "Java Jumpers"... and oldie but a goodie that I bought years ago when they were being made by another company. I was thrilled to see it's still available, so I brought it in with this shipment!

Comments

Graphicat said…
Tara your cards are GORGEOUS! I LOVE what you did with those eggs! Awesome job and after seeing our cards together...I really need to reink my Memento pad... LOL GREAT job on the sample board AND choosing this FAB stamp!!!
Hugs
Cheri
Anonymous said…
Yeppers! I think you done a downright good job of picking the stom!!!! And the cards are just awesome! A1 girls!
Mrs T. said…
Great job you two - now the pressure is on the rest of us.
Great colouring I will print this off and do my best.
Take care
Great cards and even better when seen in the store. Great going ladies. Take Care