April Challenge Time!

It's time for another Seriously Creative Challenge her at Creative Accents and we've got some exciting things for you this month... First up, we have set up a brand new monthly CHALLENGE BLOG where you can see all the details about this challenge and future challenges as well! We also are thrilled to be welcoming Tanya back to our Design Team as our Challenge Coordinator. She's got some fantastic ideas lined up for y'all and we look forward to monthly challenges with you every month!

So... our challenge for April is an Inspiration challenge- we want you to create a project inspired by this photo:
You can interpret the challenge however you like, but you can enter your name twice in our prize draw if you use a tag on your project! Full details (including prize info) are up on the challenge blog, so we won't keep ya waiting any longer before showing you our projects!

Here's a tag created by Julie. She took the springy colours and the four tags as inspiration for her tag with four 'candy bunny' shapes from Lifestyle Crafts.
The bunnies are all covered in Glitter Ritz (warm highlights) and they look good enough to eat! The tag, label and embossing folder are all by Tim Holtz/Sizzix. Papers are by Basic Grey and the ribbon was coloured with yummy new Distress Stains! She finished off the tag with some bling :) Here's a close up of the bunnies- they're so pretty and sparkly!
Next up is a project by Leslea- she's decorated up an adorable wooden letter for Easter! She was inspired by the colours in our inspiration photo to and used glittery paper from Best Creations. I love that she's glued some real jelly beans on this cutie! So fun!Lastly, here's my (Tara's) project! It has been a long time since I created a scrapbook page that wasn't for a class (though this could turn into a class if people are interested...) and I had a fabulous time with this one! I came across a sketch with a tag on it on Pinterest (my new fave place to hang out online!) and figured I could use it as the tag element on my project. I love the variety of colours in our inspiration photo and brought that variety in with the flowers on my layout, which showcases some great photos I found of me & my Grandma from years gone by...
I've used the fabulous "Once Upon a Springtime" collection by Graphic 45 for my layout. I love these papers! My layout includes two border dies & an alpha from Lifestyle Crafts, tag & butterfly dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix and one of my fave new products, Distress Stains, to colour white flowers and crepe ribbon.

Here's some close ups... this one shows my tag accent with yummy ribbon, butterflies & a tag using a facet embellishment (Tim Holtz) with an image from my papers.
Here's a little zoom at the lettering, which I coated with Crackle Accents for shine & texture.
Lastly, here's some of those yummy flowers coloured with Distress Stains & some shimmer from Perfect Pearl Mists. The pearls you see are straight pins we have in the store (some of which are included in the prize pack for this challenge).
And that's what we were inspired to create for the new April Challenge! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team came up with, and please plan to play along with us!

Comments

Oh lovely projects ladies. They will be looking lovely on the wall at CA. Take Care
Graphicat said…
Where do I start?!?! First of all...Julie's tag is FAB!!! I LOVE THOSE BUNNIES!! Awesome! Leslie's big E is so pretty and that layout Tara is just gorgeous! LOVE those flowers! Great job ladies!!
Cheri
Sarah said…
These are awesome!!! I love that tag, it turned out sooo cute! those bunnies look good enough to eat! That layout is sooo freakin gorgeous and it looks even better in person! I love Lesleas E too! So cute and with real jelly beans too!! sweet!
Anonymous said…
WOW ladies! Love it all! That glitter rocks!! :)
Anonymous said…
Wow so much to look and and it's all GORGEOUS! Fantastic job ladies, absolutely stunning!
Eulanda said…
These projects are just gorgeous!! Tara you've really outdone yourself with that scrap page!! WOW!!
Tanya S said…
Great projects girls!Tara you're layout is even more awesome in person.So many favs to it,the flowers,pins ,the colors...ALL GOOD!!
Julie that tag is very creative and adorable.The jelly beans are my fav!!And of course Leslea's E...TOO cute..I love the papers and the reall jelly beans..great idea!!JOB WELL DONE GIRLS!!
TC said…
AWESOME PROJECTS!!! I love the colors. I also love all the "BLING" accents on the projects. My fav though is the bunny tag! I'm a big fan of peeps. LOL I have to say it again all the projects were absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!