Warm Wishes from Willard

Willard is my fave image from Kraftin' Kimmie's new winter images this year. When the new stamps arrived in the store a bit ago, I couldn't wait to play with him... so glad I finally got a chance! He's just so stinkin' adorable- all chubby and COLD, and looking like the hot cocoa he's holding won't do a bit of good to help him warm up!

This first card is based on Friday Sketchers #131- when I saw it, I couldn't wait to try it with the new nesting trees shape from QuicKutz (also perfect for the current Raise the Bar theme- Trees)! I used some new Marjolaine papers from Basic Grey (also couldn't wait to use this argyle with Willard!) and coloured Willard up to match. The mittens (also new from QK) were cut twice and glued with the jute sandwiched between them. I love how they dangle there, though they keep making me think my card is falling apart LOL- guess I need to do more cards with movable parts, eh?

Next up, I played off the pattern in Willard's sweater again and cut out some QK nesting diamonds, which I haven't used in a long time! I've used Basic Grey again here, this time it's the Jovial collection. I love that it's traditional with some unexpected bursts of teal in it- so festive! I added the tiniest bit of teal ribbon as a tassel on Willard's scarf (I so wanted to use it, but just couldn't make it work anywhere else here!) and cut some of the new QK snowflakes out of adhesive backed vellum. I also pulled out my stash of snowy embellishments and found this cute white button, which I tied some jute through to finish off the card. I'm entering this one in Kraftin' Kimmie's "Let it Snow" challenge. I also wanted to enter this in another challenge which asked for a Christmas colour scheme... but I just can't remember where that one was! I'll add it when I find it :)

Comments

Ok having second thoughts on that guy looked at him in the store and thought no not my cup of tea. BUT now I guess I am going to have to go back and look at him. Really Cute. Take Care
Graphicat said…
Oh I so wish I'd stamped some of him off before sending to Shell! These are AWESOME Tara! My fav is the first one tho...LOVE that tree!!
Great job girl!
cheers
Cheri
Tanya S said…
Oh man is he hilarious!!Love it!!That argyle suits him to a T!!Loving the dangling mittens too!
Joelle said…
Love this design! The dangly mittens are too cute and add so much interest! Love the design!