September Stamp of the Month

I already gave you a peek at our September SOTM here, but today I get to reveal the cards we've created so far with this set! My month on the sample board was cut with the QK Rockstar alphabet, which we even have back in stock right now ;)
First up is a card Mom (Julie) made- she painted the new Glimmer Glam paint by Tattered Angels on some cardstock, stamped and embossed the leaves with Distress EP (in Broken China) and inked over that until she got the colour she wanted. After assembling her card, she added a piece of ribbon and a leaf shaped tag. The background paper (on this, and all the cards with DP) is from BoBunny's Olivia collection.

This next card features the row of pumpkins image. I stamped it with Sticky Embossing Powder and added pinches of Glitter Ritz in green, two shades of orange & brown, then burnished them together and dusted off the excess. It's so sparkly :) I inked just the 'thanks' from the 'Thanksgiving' word stamp for my sentiment. The background of my card (brown) has the flourish images stamped with Versamark ink. I added a leaf pin from Maya Road through my ribbon knot to finish off the card (you'll get a few of these with your SOTM as a little bonus!).
This card was a fun, inky mess to make! LOL. I used the Olivia papers to help me select shades of alcohol ink and dropped them randomly onto some white glossy cardstock until I was happy with the mix of colours. Once that was dry, I stamped my leaf & flourish images with copper StazOn metallic ink randomly over the paper. Once that was dry, I used one of my fave Tim Holtz dies to cut it out. My sentiment isn't part of the SOTM, but is also by Stampendous and is available in the store. I stamped it on another piece I used alcohol inks on. This card is finished off with some twine, a blingly brad (love these ones by Making Memories, and how perfectly they match my copper ink!) and a pearl flourish, inspired by the pearl in my brad.
This card features simple heat embossing- copper on green paper and green on copper paper. Once it was all assembled, I added the flower with another blingy brad and some more flourishes. My green embossed leaves have a really funky texture for some reason, maybe the powder reacted to the metallic paper? I don't really know, but it looks pretty cool still ;)

... and here's a bonus quick tag, just cuz there was room on our sample board ;) Not much explanation needed here- except that Mom used one of our new Nestabilities dies around the turkey :)
... and that's our September Stamp of the Month! I hope you like what we did with it and I hope you come up with some beautiful autumn projects using this set! We'd LOVE to see what you do with it!

Comments

Tanya S said…
Stunning Cards Tara & Julie.You did a much better job than what I had come up with!lol. Looks even more gorgeous in person!
Beate said…
Beautiful cards!
Hugs and smiles
Sarah said…
oooh! great fall cards! I love the alcohol inks one!