Max & Whiskers- Basic Grey POTM

I thought I should finally post the samples from our July POTM class, since our August one is happening next week already! Here's the sample layout from Basic Grey featuring fabulous products from their Max & Whiskers collection:
And here's what Mom did with it:
My sister's cat, Whitaker, was having a good cat nap in a plastic container one afternoon and we got such a kick out of all the positions he tried out it just had to be photographed!

This layout was a lot of fun- as you can see, it's heavy on the scalloped edges, but we saved a bunch of time using our scalloped borders by QuicKutz. The 'woolies' stickers are a fantastic addition and I love the layering of two alphabets to make the title!

Here's the card I created using leftover materials- the fabulous flower is cut from the Tim Holtz tattered florals die, with one of the BG glazed brads added in it's center. There were tons of leftover alpha stickers so we could spell almost anything we wanted- I kept it generic with a simple 'happy'.
And here's my alternate layout, we just had one sheet left of the blue, so I switched to this shade of green, which looks nice with my Tazo cat's colouring :) Instead of woolies, I fussy cut some cat shapes from an alternate patterned paper we had on the store shelves. I added some 3D elements & googly eyes to add some whimsy to it.
As always... sorry about the lousy photo quality! I can do great photographing cards & single page layouts, but doubles are just pathetic! I'd love some tips, if you've got any for me!

Have a creative day! I look forward to seeing our POTM crew again on Wednesday the 18th- we're making a fun & girlie layout featuring the Olivia collection!

Comments

Eulanda said…
Oh wow you guys did such a fabulous job!! Love the paper!