Silhouette Rhinestones!

Last weekend Tanya & I pulled out our Silhouette Rhinestone Starter Kits and downloaded a bunch of fabulous templates at the Silhouette online store and we got busy blinging up some t-shirts for Tanya's girls. She posted the shirts she created on her blog- check them out here and see how cute they are!

A few days ago I picked up a red t-shirt for a friend of mine traveling to Europe over Spring Break (and enjoying her birthday while she's in Greece... lucky girl!) and I decided to make her something to show her Canadian pride while she's there :)

Now, there isn't a Rhinestone template for a maple leaf, but I had a clever moment (ha!) and figured out that if I opened a maple leaf shape design along side another rhinestone template I could 'trace' the maple leaf with parts of the rhinestone template (the templates are a series of tiny circles). I also spelled out "I am Canadian" using the script alphabet available in the Silhouette online store. I love how it turned out! It's about 6" wide and looks fabulous across the front of her t-shirt!
Another friend of mine is also going on this Europe trip, and she celebrated her birthday yesterday... so I picked up a simple grey t-shirt (hooray for 4.99 racks!) and added the same maple leaf to it, this time in fabulous RED rhinestones! Simple & cute... I'm gonna need one for me before Canada Day!

Mom picked up this cute little kids dress for $3 this week so we could make a sample for the store (since we keep giving away all the rhinestone stuff we're making!). Silhouette has quite a few designs sized specially for kids & babies so we chose this sweet elephant design. Isn't the one blue stone a nice touch for the eye?

And yes... I had to do something for ME! I picked up this t-shirt at Walmart and thought it'd be perfect since it has a fun mixture of buttons on it... including rhinestones ones :) Since it's a v-neck, I thought it'd be pretty with a flourish coming off the shoulder. Fun, eh?

And lastly... we needed to step out of the box a bit and try adding rhinestones to a canvas album cover! I'm crazy about this little bird- doesn't it look sweet on an 8x8 album (green rhinestones on a sage green album)? Imagine the possibilities!

Hope you enjoyed a look at what we've been doing with our Silhouette lately!

The Silhouette Rhinestone Starter kit is available NOW in the store for just $35. If you couldn't tell... it's a lot of fun!

You can pick up a Silhouette at the store for $349. While quantities last, we've got a great gift bundle of Silhouette accessories (worth about $75) you can get FREE with your purchase!

Comments

Eulanda said…
This is waaaaaay cool!! Love the flourish and maple leaf the best! Awesome!
Tanya S said…
Ooooh these turned out so cool!Too much fun! I just wanna bling everything!!
Anonymous said…
OMG those are so Awesome!! Great job! I might have to come in and borrow that maple leaf template!!! LOVE IT Can't wait to get home and make some time to play with my machine!!
Teila said…
This is sooooo cool! It's like a new & improvedB BeDazzler - LOL! I love it, I wanna Bling something too!