December Stamp of the Month

Introducing our December SOTM, a lovely poinsettia from the 'Sunshine Designs' collection by The Stamp Barn!

I love the combination of whimsy and elegance and had lots of fun playing with this beauty. We hope you'll create some works of art with it, too!
Mom created this first card with simple gold embossing on some burgundy paper.

I pulled out the Glitter Ritz for this card... die cut double sided adhesive chipboard with my new "Heidi Swapp Handwriting" font by QuicKutz and covered it with yummy micro fine glitter. My poinsettia was stamped twice and colored with copics, then I trimmed up a few petals to 3D mount on the base. I traced some details with a glue pen and added the same shade of Glitter Ritz over it. It's got a beautiful subtle shimmer!
This card went together simply (apart from my colouring!) and includes a few petals coloured in green to serve as leaves. I added details with some white liquid pearls. My background paper is by Basic Grey.
This one is embossed twice on vellum, with the top layer featuring just four petals (like my other card). The rest is pretty self explanatory... I used Bazzill Bling paper for the green and some assorted patterned papers as background pieces. The dimension in person is really lovely as the vellum gives a nice shape.
This final card is a sample from The Stamp Barn... I'm in awe of their colouring- a watercolour technique done with TomBow markers on watercolour paper. They have three layers mounted on this one, so it's super thick in the middle (I think I counted 8 layers!)Thanks for looking- hope you enjoy the cards :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good Morning love the stamp and samples. So you going to put a link
on to your page map card. Looks great Take Care
Sarah said…
Hey that IS a great stamp! Did I get in on that action or was there not enough for me to start SOTM until next month? I'm crossing my fingers because it's gorgeous!!
Sarah said…
Hey that IS a great stamp! Did I get in on that action or was there not enough for me to start SOTM until next month? I'm crossing my fingers because it's gorgeous!!
Carmen said…
Very nice!