October Stamp Of The Month {finally}

Yes... the sample board is finally finished! Thanks for your patience with us this month, it really threw us for a loop when we had to scramble to pick a new SOTM at the last minute, but I'm really pleased with this new selection, the "Fauna" clear set by Basic Grey. These stamps arrived while we were in Utah, so Tanya took a bit of time to play with them. She made two cards with the coordinating "Indian Summer" papers by Basic Grey.

I think between the two of us, we managed to use every stamp in the stamp set... pretty good, eh? Here's Tanya's creations:



Aren't they pretty? Here's what I created... the new QK Paper doll release also arrived while we were away and I just HAD to play with the new 'fashion doll'- isn't she fun!? I created a background paper with the berry branch stamps from the set using the 'direct to stamp' technique with my Copic Markers. It was my first time using the technique and it was alot of fun! I finished off by die cutting the dress and adding Aged Mahogany distress ink.

Everything on my little lady was cut out of a neutral coloured paper and coloured with my Copic & Spica markers... except her purse, it was cut from one of the 'Indian Summer' papers and covered with Crackle Accents- FUN! Even her necklace was coloured with my Copics :) The background paper is from a Making Memories 'Ledger Paper Pad' which is 8" square, I love it for card making!
The last item I created was a little gift card holder- the folder was cut from Core'dinations cardstock on my Silhouette, then I just sanded it a bit and added a little piece of paper with the 'to & from' and the pretty little bird stamp. A quick little project that will come in handy! It would be fun just mounted on the front of a card, as well.
Hope you like the samples and the stamp set- we'd love to see what YOU create with it, so I'm setting up a folder on our Facebook page for you to add your samples! (If you haven't joined us there yet, just click the ink on the side of this page!)

Comments