We are now officially accepting reservations for our QuicKutz Crop on Feb 7, and we have only a few spots left- many of you have mentioned that you'd like to attend, but we're waiting on the official word to confirm your spot :) The cost is just $12 ($10 for QK club members) and there will be door prizes and a QuicKutz make & take, as well as 6 hours of cropping time! Crop participants can enjoy 10% off any QK purchases made that evening (QK clubbers can enjoy an extra 10% off their regular discount)!
We had our first midnight crop in the Creative Studio this weekend and are making plans for another at the end of February, featuring a show & tell from Tara's trip to Edmonton! (TBA if it's Friday or Saturday- let us know if you have a preference!)
We are working hard to get our studio ready for hosting classes & have scheduled a few in our optimism :) We are thrilled to have more space, so grab a friend and learn something new to kick of the year! Enjoy a fun evening out and get 10% off any purchases you make on class nights! Here's what's coming up in the next couple weeks more details & samples will follow soon:
"Use your stash & Get Scrappin!" Tuesday, Feb 17 @ 7pm $15
- Tara's sketched out 3 double sided layouts, each featuring at least five 4x6 photos. Dig into your stash of pretty papers and get scrappin! You'll need 3 sets of 2 patterned papers (at least 1 set should be double sided), we'll provide (and help you choose) coordinating cardstock for your layouts. This class is great for all levels of scrapbookers- from beginners just starting to build their stash to advanced scrappers who want to get a bunch of photos in their albums! Layouts will be ready to add photos and embellishments when you get home.
"Silhou-what?" Thursday, Jan 29 @ 7pm $5 (deposit- you'll recieve a coupon for store credit after the workshop!)
- This is a short workshop for anyone brand new to the Silhouette digital die cutting tool by QuicKutz. If you're considering purchasing a Silhouette (it's a great time while they're 50% off!) or just bought one and haven't done much with it- join us and let me take away some of the mystery out of the Silhouette & share some tips to free you as you create! (There will be a follow-up workshop, tentatively set for Feb. 16, where you will bring your Silhouette & laptop and do some hands-on work!).
"Traditions Mini Album" Saturday, Jan. 31 @ 1pm $35
- Celebrate the Christmas traditions that are unique to your family with this sweet mini album project by Basic Grey! Check out the sample album Tanya created and think about which holiday traditions you'd like to honor. As always, your kit includes lots of yummy Basic Grey extras to take home! Ask us about additional class supplies required.
"Very Valentiny" Monday, Feb 2 @ 7pm $17
- Create an assortment of fun cards for the Valentines in your life at this fast-paced class using one of Tara's favorite techniques to make a little product go a long way. We'll make at least 5 different cards featuring the 'Romance' collection by American Crafts, Bazzill with an edge and a variety of QK dies... you'll be done in time to send 'em snail mail!
"Top 10 Mini book" Wednesday, Feb 4 @ 7pm $35 (limited space!)
- Create a beautiful mini album celebrating the top ten things you love about someone or something with this class by Basic Grey. There's no fussy cutting around the scalloped edges of the chipboard album & the class includes lots of fabulous BG products from the Perhaps paper line- it's pretty in pink, a perfect gift for your valentine, a girlfriend or a treat for yourself ;)
"Simply Elegant Love Notes" Tuesday, Feb. 10 @ 7pm $15
- It's the season of love- create several elegant cards perfect for valentines, anniversaries & weddings using a variety of papers, embellishments & stamps brand new in the store!
"Masculine Motif" $18 Wednesday Feb 11, 7pm
- Do you feel stuck when you set out to make masculine style cards? This class will give you some ideas for classy cards with a masculine feel, perfect for a variety of occasions. We’ll use several sheets of Basic Grey patterned papers from the Boxer line to give you enough for extra when the class is through! We'll create 5 cards using a variety of stamps, ribbons & die cuts.
Register for Classes in the store, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 250-392-3829. Please pay in advance in the store or by phone with a credit card. Classes which have not met the minimum enrollment 24 hours in advance will be re-scheduled. Out of respect for those with sensitivities, our classes & crops are now "fragrance free." Please refrain from wearing perfumes of any kind.
Please Bring the following Class Kit to all classes:
12” Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Dry Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, 3D Dots, Brown Distress Ink, Pencil, Black fine tip Pen.
Class sizes are limited.